Engaging our creativity for the joy of it.
Play matters! Taleturn is enthusiastic about all kinds of play, with a particular focus on collaborative and interactive stories and the enormous potential for social connection that comes with shared creativity.
Contact me to find out how Taleturn’s tools and insights can fire up your creative project.
Portfolio: Tabletop Games
- November Metric (for The Sprawl RPG): I wrote a dark future take on New Zealand for The Sprawl RPG, collected in a book called November Metric.
- Doctor Who game products: Information about books I've written for the Doctor Who role-playing game
- Game of Awesome: "Game of Awesome is a card game for 3-6 players designed to engage and inspire kids, specifically boys, to tell stories and learn to write. Playing the game helps students generate ideas quickly which they can explore, expand and write stories."
- ICONS and M&M Superlink: ICONS is a tabletop role-playing game of superheroic adventure, from Ad Infinitum.
Portfolio: Video Games
- Video Games: I have written stories, setting, dialogue and other text for many games on console and mobile platforms. Click on the titles for more detail:
- Speed Racer: I wrote scripted dialogue for this 2008 videogame release from Sidhe Interactive, based on the film Speed Racer.
- Shadow Wars: Shadow Wars is a game for mobile devices by Pikpok. I worked on setting and story for the game, including writing dialogue and designing the factions.
- Four Letters: I wrote word definitions and examples of usage for this highly addictive word-scramble game from PikPok.
- Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5: I wrote dialogue for driving action game Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5, based on the toys & cartoon of the same name.
- Flick Kick Football Legends: I was lead writer for this addictive mobile game from PikPok. Content warning: dad jokes.