Taleturn is a one-person consultancy, and I’m the person. My name is Morgan Davie and I live in Lower Hutt, New Zealand, just around the harbour from Wellington.
I’ve always been passionate about story, interactivity, and social psychology.
- Story fires our imagination like nothing else. We use stories to entertain ourselves, but also to make sense of the world and our place in it. Stories can get their hooks into us so deeply they can change our lives forever.
- Interactivity is what takes us beyond the surface of something and motivates us to go deeper. Humans are not designed to sit still as the world lectures us – we love asking questions, opening doors, and turning corners. We love it even more when our actions spark responses. That loop of action-reaction is at the heart of everything from conversation to Space Invaders.
- Social psychology decodes the hidden patterns in our behaviour so we can understand ourselves better. One thing is clear: we are social creatures, and almost nothing influences us like other people do. Social psychology provides a wealth of tools to help us grab and hold attention.
All three are great tools for engagement and they link together in powerful ways.
These tools are useful for all kinds of projects. Most Taleturn projects fit under these three broad themes:
- Change: making a difference in the world, or in ourselves.
- Exploration: finding things out and testing our ideas.
- Play: engaging our creativity for the joy of it.
Taleturn is a home for all kinds of projects across these domains. Do you have a project which is crying out for a boost? I’d love to hear from you.
And I’m always up for a chat about any of this – there’s plenty more for me to explore and learn!